The Calorie Calculator can be used to estimate the number of calories a person needs to consume each day. This calculator can also provide some simple guidelines for gaining or losing weight.
- Exercise: 15-30 minutes of elevated heart rate activity.
- Intense exercise: 45-120 minutes of elevated heart rate activity.
- Very intense exercise: 2+ hours of elevated heart rate activity.
What is Next?
- Choose a method to track your calories and progress. You can either do this on paper or electronically using a mobile app.
- Track your progress over time and make adjustments as needed. As you lose weight, your basal metabolic rate (BMR) will change accordingly. As such, it will likely be necessary to make adjustments to your calorie intake plan to continue making progress.